Location: Ross on Wye | Closing date: 27th September 2021
Competitive Salary (DOE) + Pension
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
Health and Safety Officer required for a specialised manufacturer of construction products. The employer has a new facility and is looking to build a new team.
The Successful Health and Safety Officer will come from an industrial background, those from manufacturing will be at a significant advantage. You will have previous experience of training and directing others. You will have excellent organisational skills. You will hold a form of H&S certification/qualification.
The Health and Safety Officer Role:
* Responsible for implementing and supporting the H&S management system.
* Conduct on-site Risk Assessments and review current risk assessments.
* Develop, implement and update health and safety policies & procedures
* Design, Plan, conduct and/or co-ordinate appropriate health and safety training programmes (i.e. manual handling, first aid etc).
* Carry out induction training on new employees, and employees returning to work following a prolonged absence. Maintain a comprehensive training record on each employee.
* Ensure H&S legislative compliance. Educate and coach managers and employees on how they can best improve the safety performance of their teams.
* Maintain database re: chemicals & PPE.
* Maintenance of Fire Safety Register.
* Liaison with operations on a daily basis to ensure site compliance.
* Site assessments, internal auditing keeping daily/weekly records.
The Successful health and Safety Officer:
* You will come from an industrial background, those from manufacturing will be at a significant advantage.
* You will have previous experience of training and directing others.
* You will have excellent organisational skills.
* You will hold a form of H&S certification/qualification.